Sony vaio keys acting like function keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

maltal77

Beta member
Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and I am in desperate need of help. I've had my laptop for about 3 months now and just last month I noticed that the shift key on the left side did not work for some letters. I then noticed that I can't type almost any numbers in word without it doing someother function, for example, some numbers open the save as box, others open the spelling and grammar, others open word search and help options. The same happens even when i'm online. The letter p opens up developer tools, and the number 1 opens up windows help. The number do all kinds of things. The number five is the worst though. It completely refreshes my page and if i'm inputting any info, I have to start all over. I've called sony and talked with about five people and tried all sorts of diagnostic tests. I've restored the computer as well. A service guy came over and changed the keyboard so that's not the problem. It's not the number lock key either so Any suggestions? Please help!!!! I love my vaio but i'm going crazy!

Yeah it's still under warranty. I wish I could just send the **** thing in and be done with it. The next solution I was told woudl be to put in a new function board. I have no idea what that even is. I just hope it works.

Function board? Sounds like a new keyboard. Can you just use an external USB keyboard for now? Or are you on the go all the time?

Well they already installed a new keyboard and it continued to do the same thing. That's when they said something about the function board. I haven't tried to hook up another keyboard since I don't have another one, but i'm curious to see if it's maybe the wiring that's messed up. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom