Sony Vaio help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the thing is without knowing what the infection is there is only so much we can do. Since you cant get into Safe Mode without crashing that only means that the infection is pretty serious. MBAM cant complete a full scan. The only thing I could suggest would be Combofix at this point in time. but really that might not even get rid of it. It is worth a shot.

Well after reading just the first post I can already tell you that you are in fact infected. Wanna know how I know this with just a simple read?

You were browsing the Windows.old folder. Right there tells me that the system was not properly formatted when you reinstalled leaving all of your old files in tact. Thus when you were browsing the folder, you got infected again hence the warning. Now your system is infected and it wont operate properly to get rid of it.

The reason for the crashes could be due to the infection. It could just be that they are causing the system to work itself into a circle and get a kernel panic and crash. Could be that they are causing the kernel to crash. Either way this infection you have is causing your problems.

You did not get this problem after you formatted cause you didnt go into the windows.old folder. Now that you did you activated the infection again. Notice the pattern?

You have to get rid of that Windows.old folder first and foremost. From there you need a god cleaning of the system.

Excuse me for intruding but would it be best if he tried to delete the windows folder this way ?
Personally I would go into the c:\ folder locate the windows.old folder right click and hit delete.
But given his situation things might turn ugly of what infection is inside that folder might refuse the deletion procedure called in by the user.

Mak, for the infection itself, I know it's a highly risky move and even I fear to pull that trick on my system when I am badly infected....

What if he were to try malwarebytes in dos or combofix in dos ans have it try to do it that way ?
Atleast the windows environment system would be out of the way when trying to crush whatever is in his systems hdd,

I deleted the folder by just right clicking and it went smoothly. And I ran a full Malwarbytes scan without it crashing. It said it found nothing.

Sweet, I'm glad everything went smoothly for you, I know everything is done but would you please follow up with me on tuesday morning via through pm to make sure the problem doesn't come back with a vengence ?

MikeFury.

Of course! Thank you all so much! I'm going to run ccleaner as well. To be safe.

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom