Sony CW Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventk

Baseband Member
Hey everyone I just recently picked up a Sony CW23 shown here:

I got it for 450$USD at Fry's where I work because they had a super clearance on it, mint condition no scratches priced originally at (850) but since I snagged it without doing too much research I'm rethinking if my decision I made was a wise one.

I needed something that was :

- Portable (14")
- Handle World Of Warcraft (lol)
- Compile code for school and other usual ms office stuff
- Reliable
- Cheap

Now being a current computer science student, I'm worried that in the future (2-3 years) the i3 might be outdated. I always hear people saying i5 is the way to go but not too much from the i3.

So my question here is, did I make the right decision or should I put this on craigslists asap and find myself another one...

Thank you again!

It's good for the price you got it for be assured but nothing for $450 is future proof. It will nonetheless do what you need it to for a couple years.

looks like a nice peice of kit , I would seriously think of adding another 4GB stick for better performance and mabye remove alot of the bulkware that sony pre-install or re-install with a win7 iso and your coa so that you have a vanilla install

Well, when you buy any desktop/laptop, the minute you buy it, there is something new out. i3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom