slow wifi / no 5ghz

That Netgear has what they call "a desktop dock & weight".... it's like a USB extension cable so you can connect the dongle away from your pc.
I'll get a pic of the dongle itself in my hand later on today so you can get an idea of the size

I tried out the Netgear 1200ac dongle and it does work. Here some pics so you can get an idea of the size
20190324-141104.jpg

20190324-141143.jpg

20190324-140937.jpg

The last pic is what it looks like mounted in the "desktop dock" and it is sitting on top of a desktop pc, it's kind of a nice option if you do not want that dongle hanging off your usb port. I decided to use a ruler instead of my hand

why not get another cheap access point and put it where you need? I got a sweet router for about $25 to add on the the modem/router combo that comes with the carrier. The lame carrier bs router is upstairs on one network and my roommate uses that, and mine is connected to it downstairs serving a different network. You can do the same one and just get more range, we just did this way because I dont like his setup haha, company router, password they gave him and set who knows how long ago, stock ssid, stock router ip, stock gateway address, didn't even change the default router login credentials, admin and nothing haha. His linkedin says IT professional haha ok tiger

thanks guys, i will have to have a small one though. all of my usb ports are on the side, and my dog likes to lay between me and the arms of my recliner. i am sure she would bust off an antenna. besides, i am like 12 feet from the router. so i dont think i will need an antenna for that distance.

why not get another cheap access point and put it where you need? I got a sweet router for about $25 to add on the the modem/router combo that comes with the carrier. The lame carrier bs router is upstairs on one network and my roommate uses that, and mine is connected to it downstairs serving a different network. You can do the same one and just get more range, we just did this way because I dont like his setup haha, company router, password they gave him and set who knows how long ago, stock ssid, stock router ip, stock gateway address, didn't even change the default router login credentials, admin and nothing haha. His linkedin says IT professional haha ok tiger
See above.

Back
Top Bottom