Siemens

kareklas

Baseband Member
Hello,i have a siemens laptop with a core 2 duo P7350 @2Ghz (socket supported BGA479, PGA478) working at 750Mhz.Sometimes with windows xp used to work fine but i was getting BSOD.I have a core 2 duo T5500 @1.66Ghz (socket supported PBGA479, PPGA478) and i wonder if it will work.I also want to know why i get BSOD with the P7350.Laptop came with single core Celeron.

Q:Maybe the temperature of cpu?
Q:Maybe too much for this mobo?

Depends if the laptop can support swapping out the CPU, and even if the laptop's motherboard is compatible with the CPU upgrade - possible that it won't be.

Post the model # of your laptop so we can do some research on it.

As for the BSOD's...that entirely depends on what the STOP code was for the BSOD's generated was. Usually if it was a temp issue, it would just shut down rather than throwing a BSOD.

Why do you want to switch away from the P7350? It's a better CPU than the T5500.

Usually CPU's downclock themselves when their full frequency isn't needed.

Load up CPU-Z and look at the frequency it's reporting at idle. Then load up a CPU tester such as Prime95 and see if it jumps up to it's full speed.

Hello,again.

I have installed 2GB more of ram.My ram used to be 1.75 with 2GB of ram installed.Now that i have 4GB of ram usable is only 2.75.So i installed 2GB for 750MB?GPU is set at 256MB.I tried to set it at 128 but only 100MB of ram is increased.Any help please?

Back
Top Bottom