Should I switch over to a gaming laptop? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with MoM for the most part. Unless you want to spend well over $1k on a true gaming or workstation laptop stick with a desktop.

I'll give you an example.

I have a $2100 laptop. Included in the price tag is a 3 year warranty. I spent this much for the focus on raw horsepower for 3D animation, rendering, etc.
This laptop sees just below 80c about 9 hours of the day through work and gaming. It has a well above par cooling system.

Now for me this is ok because I paid for a machine with power and better cooling because this is my laptop that I take to school and use to it's full potential and I also bought the warranty so in case something went wrong I get a new one.

You may not pay as much on a gaming machine but you will spend a lot. A lot more than just having a gaming desktop.

Now let's think. Do you need to take this laptop everywhere you go and game all the time? Is there a reason to? If there is than so be it and I say buy the best darn lappy out there but if it's just for around the house gaming in your free time than stick with the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom