Searching for EEEPC w/ SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
Typically I just go to newegg to purchase all my computer needs, but I can't seem to find an Asus EEEPC that has a Solid State.. . I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that may have an S101, S1000, 900a or 901 (all made by EEEPc .

The stock SSDs on netbooks aren't good at all and tend to be extremely slow. If you want a netbook with a SSD I recommend buying a regular netbook with a hard drive and installing a Intel X25-V or OCZ Vertex SSD yourself.

The stock SSDs on netbooks aren't good at all and tend to be extremely slow. If you want a netbook with a SSD I recommend buying a regular netbook with a hard drive and installing a Intel X25-V or OCZ Vertex SSD yourself.

Yeah I understand, it's more of a financial issue though so I have to purchase something that comes with an SSD. I just cant have a HDD due to my line of work. Plus, I intend to just upgrade the ram and use Flashfire SSD accelerator to overcome the slow OEM ssd.

What's your line of work, if you don't mind my asking? Just curious - seems an odd requirement is all :p

@Yami, I just do scoring for motocross races from time to time and I have to ride around on a bike with a laptop on my back. So a hard drive would get beat up pretty fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom