Screen Backlight Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleacheddesign

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I've had my laptop for about 4 or 5 years noe, all still very healthy & upgraded (RAM & HDD), however the screens backlight is extremely tempremental, in that it sometimes just goes off resulting in an unlit screen if I move the screen by it's hinges. When it's unlit I can still see my desktop (or whatever I had on my screen when the backlight went so I know the on board graphics are working, it's just the backlight).

I'm figuring there's a lose wire that connects the screen to the motherboard maybe??

Is this an easily changed (and standard) cable to buy & replace? Or is there a more unsatisfactory diagnosis like having to replace the whole screen?

Cheers

Justin

See if there is a service manual available for your model. Then take a look to see if replacing the cable is worth the hassle.

Post your model and we can help you track down a service manual. Then we can see how hard it is to check.

My guess is most likely a loose cable, too.

I have a manual but unfortunately say's nothing about replacing screen cables, the only repair/upgrade info is about the RAM, HDD and CPU.. I'll have another look tonight to make sure (I can't remember the make & model as its a rebadged laptop).. Cheers guys will post later tonight!!

I had a problem like that not too long ago, where the backlight goes off and still able to see the screen. Apparently one of the capacitors was bad, got it replaced and works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom