Screeching on start up and streaming video, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shades9323

Baseband Member
On start up, instead of the windows noise, I get a loud screeching sound. This sound also occurs when trying to stream a video from the net. The sound is replaced by a loud screeching and the video portion is ungodly slow. If I play a movie or sound file already on my computer through winamp or wmplayer everything works perfectly.

any ideas?

thanks

Uninstall your sound drivers, uninstall your graphics drivers. Update them with the latest versions.

If you don't know where to get the latest drivers from, post up your sound card model number (or motherboard model number if the sound is onboard) and someone here will find them for you.

Uninstall your sound drivers, uninstall your graphics drivers. Update them with the latest versions.

If you don't know where to get the latest drivers from, post up your sound card model number (or motherboard model number if the sound is onboard) and someone here will find them for you.

I don't even know how to find my model numbers. I think they are both integrated.

In that case this is how you find your model number.

Start > All Programs > Acessories > System Tools > System Information

You should see the System model number listed there.

In that case this is how you find your model number.

Start > All Programs > Acessories > System Tools > System Information

You should see the System model number listed there.

I'll check that out when I get home tonight.

I should also mention that it doesn't always happen. Sometimes everything is ok when the computer is started up. It happens maybe 60 percent of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom