SATA Drivers...ARF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack

Baseband Member
Hey,

So a friend of mine bought an Asus laptop, to get to the point, he prefers XP and it comes with Vista and the only drivers available on the Asus site are Vista drivers. So, if you try to install XP you get a "hard drive not found...blah blah blah" error. The problem is because it needs SATA drivers, yes?

So, I looked on Intel's web site, Hitachi's website, and Asus' website. No drivers to be found!

"Intel 82801 HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller" (without quotes). Also in the list of "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" is the "Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA STorage Controllers - 2850".

So, does anyone have any idea where I could find these drivers in some form or another so that I can install XP? Or if I have to...is there any way to optimize Vista? I've already increased the page file size, turned off tablet features, and set it to "Best Performance" in the visual effects setting...is there anything else I can do?

- Thanks

Hey,

So a friend of mine bought an Asus laptop, to get to the point, he prefers XP and it comes with Vista and the only drivers available on the Asus site are Vista drivers. So, if you try to install XP you get a "hard drive not found...blah blah blah" error. The problem is because it needs SATA drivers, yes?

So, I looked on Intel's web site, Hitachi's website, and Asus' website. No drivers to be found!

"Intel 82801 HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller" (without quotes). Also in the list of "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" is the "Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA STorage Controllers - 2850".

So, does anyone have any idea where I could find these drivers in some form or another so that I can install XP? Or if I have to...is there any way to optimize Vista? I've already increased the page file size, turned off tablet features, and set it to "Best Performance" in the visual effects setting...is there anything else I can do?

- Thanks

These seems to be the same drivers for the HP DV6000.
Go to HP.com and look for them.
I had this problem w/ a laptop. I turned the native SATA support off at the BIOS setup and it worked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom