I knew to the forum and hoping someone can help me please?
I currently have an oldish Sony Vaio FW series laptop which is getting to the stage where it is going to be on its last legs and with another year of day release uni to go I want to get something sorted before my current laptop fails miserably - to be honest, I have had it for a good 5 years so it has done me well!
I am in that mindset where I am thinking should I get another laptop or get a tablet with some added items such as keyboard and mouse. For what I would use it for, it would be day to day Internet browsing/shopping plus writing a report now and again, nothing too serious. The problem is that I may have to use AutoCAD as I am a CAD Technician at work but currently don't have AutoCAD at home to use - I am stuck as to whether I should get a decent laptop to be able to use AutoCAD or a tablet to do everything else and get work to supply a laptop for business use.
I have been contemplating a Acer S7 but it is the best end of £1000 which is far too much but I do like the look and feel of it. I am not really drawn to HPs, Dell etc as they just don't feel like that quality make compared to the Acer or Apple products. I am not interested in getting an Apple product though!!!
I was wondering whether I could get a Samsung tablet which I have been thinking of getting for a while to use as my everyday laptop/tablet. I was thinking of the new Galaxy Tab S but happy to use others if they are better options. I was hoping to get a keyboard and possibly a mouse with it for when writing reports. A few questions;
- If I decide at a later date that I'd like to work on a bigger screen, can I plug my tablet into a computer monitor to use as a second screen/primary screen?
- I have a western digital hard drive with all of my music, films etc on, can I plug this into a tablet for it to recognise and use my files as tablets don't have the biggest of internal memorys.
- I assume that I would be able to get a mouse and keyboard for it?
- Would I be able to use an equivalent of office to create spreadsheets/edit reports?
- How easy would it be to use for everyday use in terms of having multiple programs running?
I am happy to look at other tablets but I currently have a smart Samsung tv and phone so was thinking that it would be best to keep with the Samsung theme.
Any advice welcome