S Video Display Problems - Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerkear

Beta member
About a month ago my laptop display started flashing with static and lines similar to the photo in this link Here. I followed the compaq manual on how to open the LCD display in order to reseed the video cables. Once finished I thought it solved the problem but about 15 minutes later the static came back.

The thing that gets me is that when the computer is booting up or I'm in the BIOS setup the screen never has static. Knowing this I thought it must be something with the installed copy of Win XP. Yesterday I reformatted the laptop and reinstalled Win XP. All throughout the installation process the screen still remained static free. When the installation was complete it still remained static free. Problem solved, right? Wrong.

Next, I updated my graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon 9000) so I could connect the laptop to my TV via S Video cable. After making this connection the static came back. When I unplugged the S Video cable from the TV and restarted the computer the static again went away for good. The static/lines now only appear when I connect the laptop to my TV via S Video cable.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Compaq n800W
2.20GHz
1Gig RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
Windows XP

I forgot to mention that the static lines only appear on the computer display. The VGA or S Video output are not effected.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom