Running 4 Monitors

funnyone06

Beta member
I am planning on running 4 monitors on a single graphics card. However, my graphics card only has one HDMI port. Is there a way to make this work with the graphics card? Thanks for the help! -Andy

Not with HDMI. You'll need another graphics card, preferably with a DisplayPort output or multiple HDMI outs. DP can be adapted to HDMI, and can drive multiple displays through 1 output since it has the bandwidth to do so.

+1 to carnage, do you have a VGA port on your laptop as well? You can buy 1 adaptor for hdmi and 1 for VGA, but not sure if your laptop would handle it. What is the make/model?

^ OP never said they're using a laptop?

Also, you could get USB video adapters instead of a new / additional graphics card.

No, but they did post this in the Laptops and Notebooks forum.

:lol:

That's what I get for using the 'New Posts' menu link all the time and not paying attention to what subforum I'm in. My bad.

Since that's the case...

OP, getting a new GPU won't really be an option (or even if it is, mobile GPU's are quite expensive and won't even give you additional output ports anyway), your options are pretty much limited to USB video adapters to get more displays. Unless your laptop has a mini-DP output. Like i2d posted, poste the brand/model of your laptop so we can see what we're working with.

Back
Top Bottom