Rogers 3G "Rocket Stick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Looking for some personal experience here...

I have a new laptop on the way and it will mainly be used for gaming online, Call of Duty 4, WoW, etc...

My question is... while I am travelling with my laptop would it be a good idea to invest in something like the Rogers 3G Rocket Stick to provide me with internet?
If it is going to cause me horrible lag for gaming than I will not look into it any further but as of right now it sounds like it may be just as quick as my cable internet.
Can someone please provide some advice and experience??

I am never in a "remote" area but often find myself in areas where there is no wireless internet that I can leech.
I spoke with a Rogers representative about the stick and he preached that it is a great product and that as a "gamer" I would probably be fine with the 1GB plan at $35/month as long as I don't go download crazy or watch lots of youtube videos.

Thoughts? Advice? Experience?

Um... my palm is the 3G setup, and I don't find it that great... I was going to see if they had that moble internet, was a box that plugged into the wall, still but the sites down...

very odd.

I am rogers in ottawa too.

Go with the Mi-Fi, you just gotta provide power i believe, and it provides up to 5 wireless signals for your and your nearby friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom