Replacing LCD Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I was given an older laptop, an IBM Thinkpad A22m. Everything works but the LCD screen, which is cracked. The battery life on this thing is still really good too, has about 2 hour battery...

Anyway, I was gonna buy a replacement screen off eBay, but I have no idea how to change them... I can't find any guides on the internet... Can anyone show me how to do this?

The kind of LCD screen I was gonna get was this:
IBM THINKPAD A20M A21M A22M 14" LCD Screen Hinges Cable - (eBay.ca item 260228254444 end time 14-Apr-08 20:01:05 EDT)

search for a disassembling guide for the a22m. see if that turns anything up. if not post here and i'll write something up for you.

I had a site a while ago that showed instructions for another model Thinkpad that had the exact same LCD bezel... However, for the life of me, I cannot find it...

Is it as easy as it seems though? I'm pretty sure I could open the plastic encasement that holds the LCD panel and put the new one in. Other than that, you just have to plug in the inverter and the other cable, right?

The eBay auction comes with the encasement and stuff, but I'm pretty sure it would be easier if I just opened it up and exchanged LCD panels on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom