Replacing Laptop Power Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I'm looking for a replacement power jack for a Dell Latitude 110L, but haven't been able to find anything for it. I have found a 100L and a 120L but no 110L.

Anyone know where I can find one or maybe know of another model that uses the same jack?

Thanks.

The power jack? Do you mean the power supply unit that plugs into the wall and then powers the laptop?

The power jack connector or the power brick? It should be no problem to replace the power brick, just buy a new one that is compatible with your laptop or a third party one if Dell no longer makes the one you need.

If you need to replace the connector, however, you will have to take your laptop case apart and remove the motherboard. You'll then need to find a replacement connector and desolder the old one from the board and solder the new one on. This wouldn't be too hard, but finding the part is an issue, and the solder used on high performance electronics equipment is usually very high temperature and is hard to melt.

I'm needing the DC jack that is soldered to the motherboard. I've replaced others before and I'v always been able to just look up the part based on the notebook's model number, but for some reason I can't find anything about this 110L. I was hoping to order a part BEFORE I have to tear into it and have pieces laying around.

It's strange to have to reinvent power jacks for every motherboard model. I'd check for a cold solder joint before I shell out $35 to replace a perfectly good part.

Web pages are not always kept current. Call or email several parts places and see if you can get two of them can agree if the 100L or the 120L jack will work.

It is a Dell. They do not like to share their info. ;)

Even i couldnt find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom