Replacing a cracked netbook screen - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Replacing a cracked netbook screen

Alright I got a broken netbook from a friend of mine and the only thing wrong with it is the cracked screen I think.It is an IBM Lenovo Ideapad S10.I got the screen out and i'm pretty sure it is a 10.1".I found a few on ebay i'm just not sure how compatible the screens are.For example: New LCD SCREEN For LENOVO IdeaPad S10-2 WSVGA 10.1 A+ - eBay (item 120607726941 end time Sep-10-10 08:47:37 PDT)
Would that be alright with it?

I also have another question.I have a Hannspree HF237 monitor and I would like to hook my ps3 up to it but it doesn't work.The screen basically freezes up and I have to shut down the ps3 before i can switch the monitor back to displaying my computer.I'm pretty sure it has HDCP as well.Hannspree HF237 specifications | Expert Reviews
If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Replacing a cracked netbook screen

As for the broken monitor, no. You need the EXACT type of monitor. It's braces are specially designed. Why not just put an external monitor on it?

__________________ Steam Account
Old 08-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I already have a desktop computer.I would like to have a small computer to take on trips and what not.So the lcd screen that I linked wouldn't work?There was another one which was the exact model but it was about $20 more and was from Hong Kong which i would rather not buy from because everything from Hong Kong is junk.They seem to have the same specs.I would imagine that it would fit alright

I actually might want to connect it to an external monitor to see if it works before i drop 60 on a new lcd screen.How would i do this?Hannspree HF237 specifications | Expert Reviews (My desktop monitor)
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 4333-36U Netbook - Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, 10.1 WSVGA, Windows XP Home, Black at (My netbook)
Closed Thread