Replacement Parts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Replacement Parts

Well my girlfriend has put a large crack in her toshiba m70 case and the screen is now shot. I found a good dealer on Ebay for a replacement screen but I haven't been able to find a case for it (for some reason theres plenty of the lower halves of the case for sale just not the housing for the screen part), If anyone knows of a good site or dealer on Ebay... heck even used ones are fine.

Note: I'm in Canada in the Ottawa region.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!
Default Re: Replacement Parts

where is the crack? and is the crack affecting the computer at all, if you can tell of course. It might be worth a try to call toshiba, and see if you can get a case, it might be quite a bit but you could try. And if the crack isn't doing anything to the computer, i.e. effecting performance, then I wouldn't worry too much, unless its a new computer or you're really into your stuff looking really clean new and shiny.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Replacement Parts

The crack is what we think caused the screen to break, everytime you go to close the laptop you can see the crack is affecting the pressure you need to shut I think that one time when she went to close it their was just too much pressure on the LCD.

I was also debating just trying to seal it with some sort of epoxy or plastic cement.

Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread