replaceing a laptop keyboard or a key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMHMHM

Solid State Member
I have a toshiba L675D-S7016 laptop and am having keyboard problems. The DELETE key has become removed from the keyboard and know it wont go back on. Are there any tutorials that anyone knows of to help replace a keyboard on this laptop? Because I just can't get that delete key to go back on. it is becoming EXTREMELY frustrating.

I could not find a video matching the L675D-S7016 that I have, but is the procedure pretty similar for all?

Also, any advice on how to clean dirt and debris out from the crevices and such around things like the mouse buttons under the touchpad?

I guess all I can say is try as hard as you can to get that key back on, even if you have to superglue it back on there if it sits in place but falls out because it cant stay held in. If it sits in it's place and doesnt fit, then a new keyboard would have to be the only option, which by first seeing if your computer is under warranty, if the Toshiba covers it that is, if not then buying a keyboard off ebay for your specific model of laptop might be an option, and putting it in yourself if you are technically capable of doing it, I had to do it once for a Emachines laptop, and it basically was pretty easy if you got a tutorial but the same problem happened again with the keys coming out. I wasn't sure if there was a third party keyboard out there for it, but usually there isn't as laptops are specific to the hardware company, the original manufacturer. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom