Reliable Laptop of around €1500?

Desivy

Beta member
My budget for the new computer is:
€1500 - €1700 ($1800 - $2000)

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?
So I'm mainly going to use it for school, i'm going to develope apps and games etc. So it will be used for a lot of programming. Besides that I would like to play games on it as well.

What software do you intend on using on the computer?
Of his I am not yet aware, but my university gave me some minimum specs: i5 processor and 8gb RAM Minimum. It would be useful if it had 4 memory slots, as I could purchase some additional RAM in the future. Maybe boost it up to 16 or 32 gb of RAM. Therefore an i7 processor is most certainly not out of the question, as I'm going to use it for gaming as well.

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?
I hope to be able to play the newest games on it for the following 3-4 years.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
It's going to do alot of multi-tasking for sure.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
Music yes, pictures no, Movies a few, I personally think that about 750gb storage space should be enough, although an addidional SSD for Windows would be quite useful.

Besides this there are some additional specifications:
#1: I need a good keyboard because it will be used intensivly, either on the laptop itself or seperatly.
#2: 15'' would be much appreciated, I am going to carry it around a lot and it would be useful if it would fit in my Eastpak backpack.
#3: I could spare another additional 50 bucks for a decent mouse, so if you have any suggestions please let me kno

I hope you guys can find the right laptop for me, i have already searched around alot but there are so much laptops to choose from. I am currenly going for the MEDION ERAZER laptops, but if any of you guy have better suggestions, please tell me
smile.gif

Oh, and sorry for the bad English, It's not my Primary language. Thanks in advance!

Newegg.com - ASUS G55VW-DS71 Notebook Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory 750GB HDD 7200rpm DL DVD+/-RW/CD-RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

It'll do everything you want and then some. Plus you'll have some money left over for an SSD and a mouse. The keyboard is great. Well spaced and good travel, plus an adjustable back light. I have the 17.3" version (G75) and it's probably the best laptop I've ever owned. Can upgrade the RAM to 16gb, if you need to. Screen is great as well.

SSD: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

SSD I have in mine. Fast, and no problems setting it up.

Welcome to TF! :thumbsup:

:angry: I was gunna suggest that, ugh. Guess thats what you get for being away at camp, and limited internet... Yeah, what he said. :lol:

If it was me, I'd look at the 15" MacBook Pro...
Because that ASUS laptop... is so ugly... I'd never take it out of my house.. :tongue:

Sure the MBP isn't as powerful... but I mean just look at that thing..

Because that ASUS laptop... is so ugly... I'd never take it out of my house.. :tongue:

He wants to game. The Asus was built for gaming.. The MBP on the other hand, was not. Not everyone thinks the MBP is such hot **** btw.

How can you call that ugly? It's a standard laptop layout...

Back
Top Bottom