Reformating SonyVaio using Recovery Center help

Status
Not open for further replies.

schrtz987

Beta member
Seems like this forum has a lot of experienced PC users so i thought it would be better to post here rather than wait on hold to talk with a sony rep.

I have massive Viruses/Trojans on my Sony Vaio VGN FW139E. I do not have any of my OS/Driver disks and am in need of a reformat to get the comnputer back to the state the day I purchased it. I have tried MalewareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware and they dont work for me all that great.

All the files that I wanted to save are burned on a disk already (pics and music)

So by using Recovery Center, do I want to (1) Restore C-Drive. (2) Restore Complete Syetem. (3) Wipe and Erase Data, or (4) Create Recovery Disks (but cant I create Recovery Disks after I reformat?)

I just want the PC back in the state from the day I bought it.

And if I have Wireless Internet-will I have to reinstal that?

Option 4. Then Option 2 (provided that you have every thing backed up)

The reason being is that the Sony has not driver support on thier website.
If you have to see a folder in your C drive called SONY or DRIVERS, copy that folder onto a USB memory stick.

You will need to set up your wireless internet again.

Provided that you use the recovery disks in the place, you should[/b] be able to make more after you re-install. However when it comes down to Sony, since they do not post drivers up online, i would suggest that you do at least one of the following :-
1. Make a copy of that recovery disc(s)
2. Make an ISO image of that recovery disc(s) with your CD Burning software. Then save that ISO image on another computer.

Sony's make good laptops. But the total let down on Sony is that they don't have online driver support. Therefore if you loose your recovery discs, or you forget to burn them off, you are in trouble.

Option 4. Then Option 2 (provided that you have every thing backed up)

The reason being is that the Sony has not driver support on thier website.
If you have to see a folder in your C drive called SONY or DRIVERS, copy that folder onto a USB memory stick.

You will need to set up your wireless internet again.

Provided that you use the recovery disks in the place, you should[/b] be able to make more after you re-install. However when it comes down to Sony, since they do not post drivers up online, i would suggest that you do at least one of the following :-
1. Make a copy of that recovery disc(s)
2. Make an ISO image of that recovery disc(s) with your CD Burning software. Then save that ISO image on another computer.

Sony's make good laptops. But the total let down on Sony is that they don't have online driver support. Therefore if you loose your recovery discs, or you forget to burn them off, you are in trouble.

So to make this easy for me.

1. Backup all my files I dont want to lose
2. Burn onto a DVD my Recovery Center
3. Select Step 2 (restore complete system) ancd basically follow the directions?
...and then the laptop will be -Like-Brand new?

I do not have a Sony or Drivers folder in my C drive, just SonySupport folder.

Sorry this is the first time I will be doing this, and thanks for the help!

So to make this easy for me.

1. Backup all my files I dont want to lose
2. Burn onto a DVD my Recovery Center
3. Select Step 2 (restore complete system) ancd basically follow the directions?
...and then the laptop will be -Like-Brand new?

Prety much.

I do not have a Sony or Drivers folder in my C drive, just SonySupport folder.
Open up the SonySupport, tell me what is in there?

Sorry this is the first time I will be doing this, and thanks for the help!
Don't worry. I was a n00b once too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom