Red dot distortions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Red dot distortions

day 1
I just noticed this and wondering what it is.

I can't see them on white screen or anything but black and dark objects I see red dots flicker accross my screen. they "Move" very fast but seem almost in slightly diagonal lines- although that just could be my eyes.

Any clues what this is or whats going on?

ps i cant seem to notice them on anything but straight black....

day 2
They have gotten worse today- now it looks like a lazer light show anywhere dark/black- even my sig in the lower right corner- its getting "more dots" to look like full lines... i wish i could show you but yea..

I need to know whats wrong ><

iama turn it off tonight and let it cool a full night next to the wall (where its cold cuz its fall/winter) see if it helps when I reboot.

I bumped my laptop just now as i swiveled my chair and it got WAY WORSE- almost all the "black" is now RED and still flickering.

Edit_ so no one has any idea? grr..... Takin apart i cant get 1 screw out- its stripped from the previous owner/modder/whatever-er so... Ill have to find a way to get it out- cant lift the MOBO without it out. Was checking cables and the like....

Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Red dot distortions

welp after takin apart.. no cables were loose or anything so i put back together after cleaning some- but then the Keyboard stopped working so I took it apart and found that THAT cable had come loose, after fixing i decided to try it on while it was 'half together'

The Red dots have gone to Red Screen- as in all Black is Red- so when I boot up- its red instead of black- same on the XP loading screen and the wallpaper when its in.

The black screen was normal!!! so I put in the cd rom and stuff (wich jars it quite hard) but that made it go back to red >.< Perhaps its not in the main area but the LCD area? I don't know.. its really starting to peeve me off though- taken apart and put back together like 5 times today.. I don't really want to do it again ><.

Takin the CD out the red screens there.. so its jarred again or something I don't know...

What could cause all "Black" to turn "red" ?

It started as flickering dots.. then proceeded to more frequent "lines" and now its solid.... or its still flickering but theres no black left to see flicker against....

and I really need some help on this.. no ones posted any replies which really shocks me.. I can't be the first to get this kind of thing.

**Update** so i get mad and give it a little thwack against its side then boot and it boots normal and normal screen.....

Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

What laptop do you have?

How old is your laptop?

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Fujitsu Lifebook series C - its not horrifically old, it was designed with xp home.
Closed Thread