re-installing vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgolf54

Baseband Member
hi, i have had a few problems with my vista laptop. it doesnt start up to the operating system i think there may be a few drivers missing from letting it boot up. i have tried everything i know (im not so good on laptops but tried to get lots of help but i am still in the same position) is there a was i can re-install vista altogether? as my laptop didn't come with a vista disk i just got the recovery tech guys discs which aren't doing any good.

or is it possible to put it from xp to vista? how many computers can you use the same windows xp product key on, for it to still be legit? i got this from the website ... i just want to make sure u can do it on any two pcs? as mine are both just personal use not business, so would that be okay to use on just 2 ordinary laptops? one being vista.

Can be installed on any PC of any brand (including non-branded computers and laptops). Can also be installed on a MAC using a program like BootCamp or Parallels.
Comes with a media kit containing the installation CD and a product key which can be used to install it on 1 home computer and 1 work computer.Only for personal/ home business use.

thanks

You might not have the boot order right, go into bios, and make your optical drive first. Then put the recovery disk and it should go into setup and fix your problems.

yeah ive tried all that. i think there was some codec missing but nothing was working at all. it all started when i tried to put my laptop back to factory settings using the tech guys dvd. so now im happy to just put xp on as it seems easier to do if it would work?

You can only put 1 serial on 1 computer at one time. And you would have to check to see if there are even any XP drivers available for your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom