Ram Usage Always Around 80%

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
So I have 2gb of soldered ddr3 ram on my laptop so I cannot upgrade and I am on 32bit windows. When I'm browsing online, my cpu is at around 20% but my ram is maxing around 80% when I only have chrome and spotify open. This is so annoying lol I check task manager and nothing is eating all the ram. If I count all the processes ram usage in task manager it adds up to around 500mb. What is taking up all that usage, are there any hidden processes that should not be open? Im running windows 10 and I feel this problem has worsened over the past weeks. I checked MBAM but it didnt detect anything. Is there a way I can lower my RAM because it is starting to get hard using my laptop to do basic tasks :mad:

How much stuff do you have open in Chrome? What about extensions loaded? Do you have the "keep background stuff loaded" still enabled in Chrome's advanced settings? Last night I had Chrome taking up about 2.5GB just itself. You can see exactlyhow much Chrome + extensions are taking up by opening Chrome's Task Manager (right click tab bar -> Task Manager, or Shift+Esc).

How much stuff do you have open in Chrome? What about extensions loaded? Do you have the "keep background stuff loaded" still enabled in Chrome's advanced settings? Last night I had Chrome taking up about 2.5GB just itself. You can see exactlyhow much Chrome + extensions are taking up by opening Chrome's Task Manager (right click tab bar -> Task Manager, or Shift+Esc).

Well, I usually have like 10 tabs open but the problem still persists when I only have like 3 tabs open. I kinda like the feature where my tabs are open in the background but I will try disabling it. On task manager, chrome takes up around 200mb memory in total.

When all of my programs are closed, my RAM idles at ~50% which isn't good.

Well, I usually have like 10 tabs open but the problem still persists when I only have like 3 tabs open. I kinda like the feature where my tabs are open in the background but I will try disabling it. On task manager, chrome takes up around 200mb memory in total.

When all of my programs are closed, my RAM idles at ~50% which isn't good.

Why isn't that good? Windows caches things in memory as part of SuperFetch if you have unused RAM. When applications or the system needs it, it de-allocates that memory, and then allocated it to the requesting application. Really, unused RAM is wasted RAM. I would only really be concerned if you're hitting the page file a lot - that means you need more RAM.

So then what did you change? Did you open up Resource Monitor from Task Manager to see where the memory is being allocated to?

In the OP i stated. I look through taskmgr and nothing is really hogging the memory. If I look and add up all the programs' memory usage, it adds up to around 500mb

In the OP i stated. I look through taskmgr and nothing is really hogging the memory. If I look and add up all the programs' memory usage, it adds up to around 500mb

Task Manager != Resource Monitor. Again...Did you check Resource Monitor? It shows a graphic of where the RAM is allocated to.

Example:
10-8_fig_a.png

Back
Top Bottom