RAM - 60% unavaliable

Thomasdehli

Beta member
So...
I have an acer aspire 5750G with 6 GB RAM(1x2GB+1x4GB).
i recently noticed this when i was troubleshooting my pc: under my computer -> properties it says: Installed RAM: 6GB (2,36 GB available)
In task manager under ressource surveillance it says 3731 MB reserved for hardware.
When i take out the 2 GB ram card it says only about 1.8 GB reserved for harware on 4GB RAM card, but when i take out the 4GB RAM card it says only about 200MB reserved for hardware on the 2GB RAM card.
I've already tried the maximize memmory trick in run->msconfig->boot->advanced.
The computer is about 3.5 years old.

Can this be fixed anyhow or would it help buying new RAM?

Your pc will use it's memory, currently I am using 42% of memory on my pc. Windows is a beast...the more memory you can feed it, the more it'll take.
If you think your using more than you should, you can open your Task Manager, select the Performance tab, and then click on the Resource Monitor at the bottom and from there you can see if anything unusual is eating up your memory excessively. Today's standard for the memory "sweet spot" is 8gb so getting 2-4gb sticks might give more to feed your operating system

I'd do as Carnage suggested, we had an issue like this before, had 8gb but reported 4gb, ended up being a issue with the mobo and had to replace the whole mobo.

Did you use to see 6gb? try checking for firmware update on bios.

Back
Top Bottom