Questions on selling laptop

mwwwilson

In Runtime
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E545 that I am looking to sell. This laptop goes for big money online but it doesn't have a HDD in it. Now, I have all the bloatware DVDs and Recovery software that came with the laptop. But that doesn't help me since the original HDD is missing. Meaning the primary recovery partition is non-existent because it would have been on that original HDD.

I am going to buy this...

https://www.discountelectronics.com/product?product_id=206638&product_model=3181?pmc=ADWPLA

I am going to put Windows 10 on it...

Windows 10 Home [E210002] - $34.99 : saveekey.com, win 7 key finder - saveekey.com

Hopefully I can transfer the drivers from the Bloatware or Recovery DVD's or download them from the Lenovo website.

My question is what should I ask for the laptop. It is USED in mint condition, no box, warranty, or paperwork. It will be fully functional with an authentic Windows 10 on it.

The original is going for $600 and up. Do you think I can get $450? Here is what the original looks like...

ThinkPad Laptop Edge E545 (20B2000KUS) AMD A8-Series A8-5550M (2.10 GHz) 4 GB Memory 500 GB HDD AMD Radeon HD 8550G 15.6" Windows 7 Pro 64-bit / 8 Pro 64-bit downgrade - pre-installed: Windows 7 - Newegg.com

Actually if you have the recovery DVD I think it MAY put it the way it came as long as the HD matches the one that was in it. Not sure but might put the recovery partition back. It's been a while since I used the DVD's to do it but it may do it for you.

I will definitely attempt it. Any thoughts on what I could get for it? $450 is what I need. I just don't know if that is feasible in today's market. It is a great looking laptop.

I will definitely attempt it. Any thoughts on what I could get for it? $450 is what I need. I just don't know if that is feasible in today's market. It is a great looking laptop.
$450 sounds doable, though you might have to drop to $400.

Have you ever bought anything from that saveekey.com site? Frankly, the prices are so low there that I would not be so sure that it is a legit site. $34.99 for Win 10 Home?

Last edited:
Have you ever bought anything from that saveekey.com site? Frankly, the prices are so low there that I would not be so sure that it is a legit site. $34.99 for Win 10 Home?

I wouldn't risk it.

What OS came with it to begin with? If it came with Windows 7, just use the recovery disks and then uninstall whatever you don't want on it. Then upgrade to Windows 10. No need to spend money on something that is shady and you don't need.

I bought Windows 8.1 Pro thru them last year and actually put it on 3 PCs. I paid $59.00 - they emailed me the key and the link to download. I have since upgraded those 3 computers to Windows 10 thru the free upgrade icon. So I would have to give them a thumbs up. I have only bought from them once but that's where I will go back to in the future.

Back
Top Bottom