questions about windows 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default questions about windows 8

1. how do I get access to my iphone when I plug it into the computer? Do I have to download iTunes first?

2. I also hv a new gopro hero 3, but I cannot seem to gain access to that either, I know both are connected because they are all charging

can someone please help me out with these problems thanks alot and hope you all had a great christmas

Yamahakid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: questions about windows 8

Did you install the drivers for GoPro prior to connecting to your system? If so, can you check under the Control Panel>System>Device Manager, and locate the corresponding tree for USBs. From there, you should see some sort of indicator distinguishing the GoPro device. When you open the properties for that selection, do you notice anything out of the ordinary?

It does not appear that there are any conflicts with GoPro and Windows 8 compatibility, so my first assumption for a communication error of this nature would be a drivers/software issue. If the unit is charging, we can assume the unit functions properly, and the USB port is in good standing. Did the unit include any sort of setup instructions/disk?

As far as the Iphone question, It is always good practice to install the software for a device prior to connecting the device to the system. Give Itunes a quick install and let us know how it worked for you.

RubeSmench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: questions about windows 8

the gopro did not come with ay hardware to install or anything, no drivers on there website either, I did get the iphone to work through iTunes which I figured would work, this gopro is still puzzling me though
Yamahakid88 is offline   Reply With Quote