Putting too much memory in laptop

steves85

Baseband Member
Hi,
I am just wondering if it's possible to install more ram than the recommended maximum for a compaq presario f500. I have installed the max 2gb (2x1gb) but I really could do with more without wanting to upgrade the laptop itself.

I am assuming that the laptop just wouldn't read anymore than 2gb but hoping there maybe a work around/hack?

Any info appreciated.

Your very northbridge controls your memory. There's no way to hack it. You can go above 2GB, but I can not guarantee that it will work.

What OS are you running on there? Windows Vista, 7?

He said a "compaq presario f500", Apokalipse. It's an older system. I doubt it would take 16GB.
So it has a K8 CPU (Sempron) with 2 x DDR2 slots. It may be possible to put in 8GB if you can find a kit of 2x4GB DDR2 SODIMM.
But anyway, I was just using my laptops as examples that it is often possible to put more than the listed maximum.

Your very northbridge controls your memory. There's no way to hack it. You can go above 2GB, but I can not guarantee that it will work.

What OS are you running on there? Windows Vista, 7?

Yeah its the older 2006/2007 model. Came with Vista but since installing win7 it increased 10 fold in speed. Would just love to get some mor ram for low end games and visual c, photoshop etc...

Yes it does have the 2 ddr2 slots.

Back
Top Bottom