Problems with Wi-Fi - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Problems with Wi-Fi

I bought this laptop a week ago and have been using it's wireless capabilities to connect to my wireless router. I was even using it earlier today. However when I turned it on a bit ago I found that it wasn't automatically connecting when turned on. When I went to connect to a network the only option I see there, even under all, is dial up. I haven't used dial up in ages. When I click diagnose why it can't find other networks I get the message, "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured." I have no idea what to do.

And if we fall, we all fall, and we fall alone
Old 09-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Problems with Wi-Fi

Check your device manager to ensure that it is enabled (your wireless card). Then check around on the side to make sure that the button is turned to allow you to connect. Most new laptops have a 'easy button' that will turn your wi-fi on and off with just clicking it.

-Vista SME
Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Problems with Wi-Fi

My Systemax laptop did that all the time . I would have to restart the laptop to get it to recognize the wireless card . Very annoying.

I'm sure that you've tried restarting your computer. If not, try it and see if it solves your problem. Mine was a chronic problem.
Closed Thread