problems with my m11x not booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanretro

Beta member
ok so i have searched all over the internet to try to figure out this problem and cant seem to find a good answer so this place looked like a good place to put up this wierd senario i have.
i have a alienware m11x r1 and i have had this awesome computer for about 7-8 months now, the only problem i have had other then this is the hinge for the screen breaking which was a easy fix. now this one not so much.
so a few days ago my computer wouldn't boot, it will go to the alienhead post screen then once it finishes it turns off, as if i were pressing the power button. so i reseated the ram, hard drive, wifi card, and battery to see if something stupid might of gotten bumped out of place since i do travel with it every day back and forth from work. did all that, still the same issue. so i think to myself, why not try it closed. so push the button and quickly close the lid. and bam it boots up as if nothing is wrong. open the lid and i am greeted with a logging off screen then it goes black doesn't even shut down properly. so i tried it again except putting a magnet on the sensor to see if mabey opening the lid is pinching somthing and start it and it boots fine, move the magnet shuts down again. so i hook it up to the tv and start it up again. boots fine and everything on the computer works as it should, no problems with anything.
so i am personally at a loss for thought on this thing, i am thinking it might be the power button or the power board since it thinks i am hitting the power button which shuts down my computer usually(oddly i changed the setting on my computer to not shutdown with the button and it still happened, so i think it might be thinking its holding it rather then just rapid pressing), but i am not to sure and would like some other input before i blow possibly 80$ to fix it.
thanks for reading all of this and i hope some one might see a different light on this then i do and can help me out!:thumbsup:

That does sound like a sensor problem. If you had it for 8 months, it should still be under warranty. Send it in for an RMA.

get a del ltech to pop into the house and fix it up. dell gives you in home repairs with the m11x for 1 year, cant get any better then that. its only been 8 months should call them while you still can.

Yea that's what I would like to do but I guess I should if added this but I got it though some company that resells them so I got it cheaper and for some reason they wouldn't give me any information for my warranty so I could get it fixed. Cause I actually prepared the hinge problem myself with some super glue and its been fine ever since but thanks alit for your guys help I ordered a new power switch so I am going to replace that and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom