Problems with my Hi-grade laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhannah

Beta member
I have an Hi-grade laptop that I brought in July 2008. I have had lots of problems with it since i got it. it has been back to the manufacuter about 4 or 5 times, one of those times they had to replace the motherboard. every time it comes back i have other problems. at the moment the wireless connection drops out intermittantly (other systems in my house don't have this problem), some of the keys don't work and the left button on the mouse is temprimental (i have to click it a few times b4 it does anything) it also sometimes freezes when brought out of standby so i have to turn off and back on again.

Do these sound like hardware issues/manufacturer faults.

Yes it sounds like you purchased a bad laptop from a bad manufacturer. What 'hi grade' manufactuerer did you get it from? Was it used or new?

You could try rolling back / updating the driver for the wireless to see if that fixed that issue. If not you may need to replace the card. As for the keyboard, same thing. You'll have to replace that as well (pretty easy fix).

Sorry you are having so many issues with this laptop - possibly look into purchasing one for a different manuf. I've had my HP 'high end' laptop for over 5 years and haven't had too many issues with it (had to fix the power adapter once).

thanks for ur reply. That is the manufacturer Hi-grade, the model is VA250p. I've contacted the place I brought it from complaining about it, even tho it is about 8 months out of warrenty, I'm trying to get them to give me my money back because of all the problems I've had with it. I think it went back to the manufactrers 4 times within the warrenty period, and i'm still having the same/similar/different problems.
They said that i need to get an independant engineers report done to determine if its a hardware/manufacturer fault. I'm worried that if i get this done they might say its not. some of it is intermittant so might not happen when an engineer has got it.

Ahh, well i have no experience with Hi-grade and haven't heard of them. I would stick with reputable companies like dell/hp/sony/ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom