Problem with my laptop

The Nameless One

Beta member
First of all, I should mention that I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to this kind of stuff. It's entirely possible that there's an easy solution to my problem and I'm just not smart enough to see it. So forgive me in advance for my lack of knowledge. But anyway, I've been having a problem with my two-year-old Sager laptop for a while now, and it's only gotten worse as time's gone by. It started out where I would open up my laptop and occasionally none of my programs would work. So if I was on Google Chrome back when I closed it and then I tried to go to a new site, it just wouldn't load. And if I tried to open up a new program, again, it just wouldn't load. The only solution that I found was to restart the computer. Back then it happened somewhat often, but not all of the time. Now there's something wrong pretty much every time I try to open the damn thing. Occasionally I can use the internet (like right now) but some sites won't load, and it could stop at any given time.

Any idea what the problem is and whether or not it's salvageable? I bought this laptop in part because I wanted to play games on it; if I can't fix it, then I'd have to buy some ****ty little thing, and I'd have a ton of games that I wouldn't be able to play until I could afford a new gaming PC. I obviously don't want that to happen, so I'd appreciate any help I can get with this matter.

Have you thought of wiping it and just reinstalling Windows? Basically just starting from scratch? You would have to back you stuff up first of course.

I have considered doing something along those lines. I'm just trying to find out if there's some easier answer that I'm unaware of before I go down that route.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in the beginning: when my computer is going through these problems and I try to close it, it'll just keep on running. Not sure if that's relevant at all or if it makes it any clearer what the issue is, but I thought I'd mention it.

Back
Top Bottom