Problem with Acer Aspire 3680 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to decaydancefbr
Default Problem with Acer Aspire 3680

My sister was having problems with her Acer laptop, so I told her about the Alt F10 function that can restore the computer to factory settings, so she asked me if I could go ahead and do that for her. Everything went fine, and after it reset everything, it told me to restart the computer, so I went ahead and did that. After the BIOS screen came up, it went straight to an error screen saying that \Windows\system32\config\system was missing and I don't know why. I've tried other times before on other Acer computers and I have never ran into this problem. This was the first time the reset to factory settings feature was used on this laptop, so I don't know what the problem is. It doesn't go to the Windows Vista screen or anything. I put in a Windows XP disc to see if I could just downgrade it, but the computer wasn't starting the disc up. I changed the boot options in BIOS settings, and that still didn't work. So I tried to put in a Linux disc, and that wasn't loading either. I don't know why CD's aren't working on it now, and I'm getting really frustrated. I tried using KillDisk as well to wipe the whole hard drive, but I'm not having any luck there, either. Anybody have any ideas what is going on? I would really appreciate any help.
Closed Thread