Price my laptop

mwwwilson

In Runtime
I am looking to sell my laptop. It is USED but basically BRAND NEW... MINT condition. My University gave it to me during my AS degree program for Information Technology. Used probably a dozen times. No wear... MINT.

Being that it was given (straight out of the box)... I have no NEW reference price to go by. I did, however, have to sign an agreement with the University that if I dropped out before obtaining my degree that I give it back or pay $1,599.00 for it. I'm sure that this was not the retail price though.

So here are the specs:

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E545 Series
2.10 gigahertz AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Board: LENOVO 20B2000KUS 0B98401 Pro
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
DVD-RW
Windows 8 PRO - updated to Win10
AMD Radeon HD 8550G [Display adapter]
ThinkPad Display 1366x768 [Monitor] (15.3"vis)

What do ya'll think I could get for it. Like I stated before... it's MINT.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

A6 variants look like they're going for between 500-550 on Amazon's marketplace. So I'd say the upper end of that since it has an A8 in it - so probably around 550.

Thought we had rules against pricing components and machines for people site wide, or was that removed ages ago?

That aside, even with the CPU, you are looking at the $400-$500 range, $500 tops IMO, it's used which immediately decreases the price of it a great bit, has minimal RAM (seriously, they still ship laptops today with 4GB standard for AMD APU systems???), but a fairly good CPU. IMO, it doesn't matter if it was used once, or used 24/7, compared to a brand new or certified refurbished, it's going to sell a good bit less, and yes, I just made the longest run on sentence I have made in ages.

Brand new with that CPU they only sold for about $600 with the same CPU, and it's also a fairly old model from the looks of things(over a year on reviews)? So yeah, I certainly stand by $500 tops if your lucky, and wager closer to $400.

Last edited:
Even if this thread wasn't bumped today this thread would have appeared on the first page of this sub category. Therefore any new user perusing the categories could have found this topic when scrolling page one and responded without noticing the date.

Still, I'm confused about how his request for a price on gear he planned to sell wasn't handled in the same manner mine was.

Even if this thread wasn't bumped today this thread would have appeared on the first page of this sub category. Therefore any new user perusing the categories could have found this topic when scrolling page one and responded without noticing the date.

Still, I'm confused about how his request for a price on gear he planned to sell wasn't handled in the same manner mine was.

Because yours was posted in the BST section, which has it's own set of specific rules, which mentions no price checks ;).

Back
Top Bottom