Power cord having troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob91

Baseband Member
I have an HP Pavillion DV6000 and am having trouble with the power cord staying connected. It looks fine and is pushed in all the way, but it will not always charge. I have played around with it, and can move the outside cord into positions where it will charge, but it is still a nuisance.

They sell replacement adapters on ebay, I'm just wondering if that is my best bet or if it is an internal problem I will need to send away for it to get fixed (I'm no longer under warranty btw).

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's either the plug on the adapter getting broken wires or the connector on the motherboard. You'll have to see what it is by playing with it, you may be able to fix the internal connector yourself though.

I would replace the DC plug on the adapter. Radio Shack or any electronic parts store should have the correct plug. The cable is most likely broken at the plug where it gets most of the stress. Cut the cable about 2 inches from the plug and solder in the new plug. I seriously doubt the jack on the laptop is at fault. I'd go for a genuine replacement adapter than taking chances with the junk that's found on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom