Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony Vaio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
Pavilion or Vaio? Well These are the two brands which I have ready access here in the Philippines. There's supposed to be a Dell here as well but I cant seem to find any where to buy them and the old service center I knew moved to who knows where. The brands which are found here are mostly Acers, Neos, HPs and Sony, so I chose the last two. Any comments and pros and cons of either?

Not the 2 choices I would be going for

HP Pavilion - Just a piece of garbage in my opinion. I seen too many of them come in from service.
Sony Vaio - Over priced and online no driver support.

If they were the only 2 laptops left on the planet, I would be using an abacus instead. Borth are not my favorite computers.
Failing that, I would be going to Sony Vaio. Just make sure that you have a copy of your recovery DVD. If you loose your recovery Sony Vaio Recovery DVD, you will be in trouble as Sony does not post any drivers on thier website. Therefore you need to rely on your the chipset manufacturers instead. And some times, they can be a pain to deal with.

Go HP because that driver thing can be a pain and vaio's are just soo overpriced. The HP is a little risky, but it is a better value.

I would buy a Dell. There are other computer brands just as good but for the Service you can't beat Dell. I manage about 250 Dell computers at work and when I need service it's always there. I have had lots of good luck with my 3 Dell home computers as well.

Just my thoughts.

Hmm, on the HP thing, it was traced back to a motherboard design problem on the dv2000 series. Hopefully that would have been resolved with the new HP models and them phasing out the dv2000 series. Anyway, I have found an HP unit and a Vaio unit with similar specs and a price difference of about $50. So I have my eye on those two. Its not that I have a choice you know, with a proper Dell center cannot be found here and these two being the only ones with an actual showroom and service centers here, I'd rather choose them than rely on third party services with their crappy service and sometimes they cheat on you as well.

Although I found a Lenovo center here. Checking the net, apparently the only ones with showrooms and service centers here are HP, Sony, Lenovo and Acer. I've no experience with Lenovo as almost everyone I know uses an Acer. However I would prefer one with an office accessible to me.

I have an HP that I bought two years ago. The left speaker no longer works, but I blame that on me dropping it off the hotel beds several times. It's taken a beating and still works.

I'm an HP fan, KC is right though they do have a high rate of failure - but i've had my pavilion for 5 years without issue.

I have a friend who has had constant problems with his HP. He doesn't really care though, HP gave him free upgrades because of it. I think they've upgraded him to a newer model like 3 times now...

Go HP because that driver thing can be a pain and vaio's are just soo overpriced. The HP is a little risky, but it is a better value.

Just don't get there rock bottom cheap and chips HP. They are the ones that I have the most problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom