"Plugged in, not charging" sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
My g/f laptop had a bad battery and she never replaced it for about a year. As a early xmas gift I got her a new battery. Well more times then not when she plugs in the power cord it will say "plugged in, not charging". I usually have to remove the battery and then put it back on for it to say "plugged in, charging".

Does anyone know what is going on here?

She has a HP Compaq NC8430 laptop running w7 32bit.

Thanks

Only things I can think of:

Update windows

Update/reinstall any software that came with laptop.

Flash BIOS from companies website.

Check power options in control panel.

I would say make sure the power cord is connecting to the power port. It might be not connecting right. Maybe blow out any dust that may be in the power port, or in where the battery connects.

It's acknowledges that it's plugged in so doubt that.

I wanted to update bios but I couldn't find one under windows 7 updates on their site

Another problem I have noticed now. The battery will not charge past 45%. Is this with out a doubt the battery failure or could it be something else?

Yeah just at home on the couch. However she hates the cord and wants to be able to move around from time to time. I'm going to request a return for it. Bought it on eBay. The guy was like "just ship it back and we will send another one". Shouldn't he be sending me a shipping label and paying for shipping to return!?

Yeah just at home on the couch. However she hates the cord and wants to be able to move around from time to time. I'm going to request a return for it. Bought it on eBay. The guy was like "just ship it back and we will send another one". Shouldn't he be sending me a shipping label and paying for shipping to return!?

Depends on the seller. I bought a part (PSU) and I had to pay to ship it back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom