Please help! Parts need finding! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Please help! Parts need finding!

I have been planning on making a laptop cooler for a hard materials (wood/metal works) project and have come to the stage where i need to start gathering parts... one of these parts that I have had significant trouble finding is a hub/chipboard with multiple PWM fan headers that is powered with a single USB (so that I can run my 2 fans off a USB port on my laptop), I was wondering if anyone here has any idea of what i am looking for, I need to get it pretty soon and I'm getting slightly worried. I just need some suggestions on where i should be looking, or any products that fit the description, as well as some more helpful search terms as I am having trouble coming up with anything that is anything like what I need.
Also I am in New Zealand so availability to certain tech brands is a bit more limited than you guys in big countries, although all suggestions are welcome.

If I do get the cooler done i will post some photos of it as well.
Illicit99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On