Please Help! My Laptop Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lexluethar its definately not a windows or hard drive problem! The computer will still boot into the bios if it was any of them problems, try swaping the ram to a different slot, then try new ram or a known working item, if that doesnt work attach an external monitor to it, after that its going to get expensive as its unfortunately probably a faulty motherboard.

This is mostly true. It is highly unlikely that its an HD problem, but I had an HD once that when hooked up to a system, the system wouldn't post. No idea why or how it did that, but it did. Tried it on 3 different systems.

I would take every component out. Memory. Hard Drive. Optical Drives. Everything.

Boot.

See if it will post (load the bios). If it will, add the components back one at a time to find the faulty hardware.

I would try ONE thing before you try anything else, its something that We do at GS every now and then when we experience the problems you do:

Take the battery out and unplug the AC, then what you want to do is hold down the power button to get any charge out, then plug it back in and see if it boots.

Sometimes if there is a surge a charge can build on the board and short out the computer temporarily, I see it every now and then.

Wouldnt hurt to try it before you go ripping everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom