please help me decide which laptop!

I would go with the 1st laptop but upgraded as well with the A10-4600M With that you would be way better off than with the i3 thanks to the much higher clock rating. Then maybe get the free RAM upgrade to 6GB. When I went from 4GB to 8GB on my AMD A8 Lenovo Z575 I found a noticeable difference. I tried my friends laptop with the A10 and I was thoroughly impressed. The A8 quad core and A10 Quad core are the only times I'll get a Laptop with an AMD Processor.

It's not an ARM processor man ;). CPU's will still be in a socket just like desktop processors.

Laptops are just limited by their board as to what CPU's they can support. If you can upgrade the CPU, it would be VERY expensive, and not gain much. I looked into upgrading my G73's CPU... but I'm only able to go up to the 9xx series, and it would be SUPER expensive for not much performance gain.

I suppose you're right, my bad :p

I would go with the 1st laptop but upgraded as well with the A10-4600M With that you would be way better off than with the i3 thanks to the much higher clock rating. Then maybe get the free RAM upgrade to 6GB. When I went from 4GB to 8GB on my AMD A8 Lenovo Z575 I found a noticeable difference. I tried my friends laptop with the A10 and I was thoroughly impressed. The A8 quad core and A10 Quad core are the only times I'll get a Laptop with an AMD Processor.

The higher clocks don't mean better performance, when the i3 performs higher in benches and has better gaming performance. The i3 is the better processor. Higher stock clocks do not make one CPU better then another.

Not sure what he meant; but I was referring to the CPU's that were being discussed here.

Whatever, back on topic.

Yeah, the i3 may have lower clocks, but it isn't the number that makes the difference. It depends on how fast it can push info through. Plus you are going through two different architectures. Each will work in a different way. Look at benchmarks, not just the number.

Hi guys, I am not sure which laptop is better for gaming, I am on a low budget so please dont say "thats crap you need this [link to 2K computer]" when I use it for games I wont be running any other tasks other than the game itself, and I dont mean flash games I mean real games. I have searched the web for answers but its to confusing, I was just looking up hyperthreading then decided to ask you about everything.
Here are the laptop specs

AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M (3.0GHz/2.6GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core and 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) with 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics $540
I wouldnt mind upgrading to AMD Quad-Core(I DONT KNOW IF IT HAS HYPERTHREADING) A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) for a total of $600

VS

3rd generation Intel Core i3-3110M (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) dual/quad processor(HAS HYPERTHREADING,GOOD???) and 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) with NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics with 1GB of dedicated video memory for $580
what should I pick/ why I should pick it? what could i play?

i think "AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M (3.0GHz/2.6GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core and 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) with 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics $540
I wouldnt mind upgrading to AMD Quad-Core(I DONT KNOW IF IT HAS HYPERTHREADING) A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) for a total of $600" is much better. I am always with AMD. i think your should go with AMD

Back
Top Bottom