please help me decide which laptop!

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Hi guys, I am not sure which laptop is better for gaming, I am on a low budget so please dont say "thats crap you need this [link to 2K computer]" when I use it for games I wont be running any other tasks other than the game itself, and I dont mean flash games I mean real games. I have searched the web for answers but its to confusing, I was just looking up hyperthreading then decided to ask you about everything.
Here are the laptop specs

AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M (3.0GHz/2.6GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core and 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) with 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics $540
I wouldnt mind upgrading to AMD Quad-Core(I DONT KNOW IF IT HAS HYPERTHREADING) A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) for a total of $600

VS

3rd generation Intel Core i3-3110M (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) dual/quad processor(HAS HYPERTHREADING,GOOD???) and 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) with NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics with 1GB of dedicated video memory for $580
what should I pick/ why I should pick it? what could i play?

What models are these? ASUS, Acer, HP?

Secondly, you can't replace the CPU. What you see is what you get.

What games are you playing?

The 7670m, from what I gather, is a better card, but only by a small margin. Neither of those AMD's have Hyperthreading. In terms of raw performance, day to day tasks, and especially gaming, the i3 is better than both of the AMD's. What model laptops are these? Links?

Laptops | HP® Official Store i customized them with a graphics card and changed the CPU on one of them GTA4 is prob the newest graphics intense game, i dont need HQ so ya... i need a laptop so i decided id get one that could play games. i dont need or anything i just want the strongest of those 2. im on my ps3 right now(on the web browser) so i already have a console(before u say get gta4 on ps3 i already have it. i want mods!) . anyway whats the strongest gaming one of those to?

The 7670m, from what I gather, is a better card, but only by a small margin. Neither of those AMD's have Hyperthreading. In terms of raw performance, day to day tasks, and especially gaming, the i3 is better than both of the AMD's. What model laptops are these? Links?
wait so the AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) is physically quad core? if so that automatically means i should get laptop 1! is it physically quad core? u said AMD doesnt hyperthread like i3.

wait so the AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) is physically quad core? if so that automatically means i should get laptop 1! is it physically quad core? u said AMD doesnt hyperthread like i3.

The A8-4500M IS a quad core, but the dual core i3 with Hyperthreading outperforms the A8-4500M and the A6-4400M.

Back
Top Bottom