please help, laptop wont turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickie

Beta member
Hi

I have a packard bell easynote laptop with vista and a couple of weeks ago it blue screened saying something about a page fault in non paged area, i turned it off and on again and it comes on and goes to the windows loading screen and loads for a while then turns off. It does the same if i try starting with windows repair or start to last good configuration. I can access my bios. It also wont load in safe mode either!

I have lots of important data on there which i dont want to lose and i dont have a recovery disc either.

Any help would be great

thanks

Hi.

Your BSOD issue doesn't necessarily have something to do with the software.

It could also be a memory or even a hard drive issue.

Do you have more than one memory module? If so, try to remove one and boot. If it keeps failing, try the other one alone and boot.

I don't know if your BIOS gives you the option to self test the hard drive? Well, check if it does. If not, you should get some kind of boot disc, like Hirens boot cd (shareware) or Ultimate boot (open source). Those boot discs, have some applications inbuild, that enables you to test the hard drives, memory modules etc.

You may want to try doing a system restore which can be accessed from inside your bios settings

although Im not sure if HP computers have this feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom