Please help, laptop problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxDeadDayxX

Beta member
Aright, when i go to turn my laptop on, it'll turn on normal and bright then the light will go off..

However even though the light is off i can still see it running/loading windows xp. it loads my desktop etc, like everything in regards to that is fine.

Can it be some setting on my laptop thats turning the screen brightness or w.e off? if so where do i have to go on windows XP to fix it.

Thank you.

Just to clarify, your computer is running fine, but the monitor is really dim?

If so, is the light just dim or is there no light at all in the back?

If so, could be a bad backlight.

If not, most laptops have a function key that you press in conjunction with another key to turn up the brightness.

I thought it might be a bad back light too, but when i first initially turn on the computer it's bright and normal for about 5-10 seconds, then it'll turn off and have no light at all.

Yes the laptop and everything else apart from that is fine. On my up arrow key it has a screen bright key like you said, but i have no idea what i have to press in conjunction with it to make it work, maybe control? ill go try i suppose.

Look on your keyboard and see if there's any key with "Fn" or something similar. Usually that key is a different color, as to the functions it would activate on other keys (seeing on the other keys, same color as the Fn key).

For example:
laptop_function_key.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom