please help computer dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboginger

Beta member
I have a compaq presario laptop. It used to be an adjunct to a computer owned by my sister who had a mac and installed a bunch of stuff which I don't need. I got rid of anything that was obviously mac.

I have a couple of programs taking up a bunch of room and slowing up my computer, but since I have no idea what they are I am afraid to delete them.

sonic mydvd plus program 264Mb'S

synaptics pointing device driver

muvee autoproducer 4.0

sonic assorted audio stuff

I don't produce movies or anything. I watch a few programs on fancast, and visit store websites. Are these necessary to the integral running of my computer? Speak to me as though I was a five year old girl who knows nothing or I won't understand :)

also, could someone please tell me how to make a program that starts up on opening my computer stop opening? Step by step please.

I am bowing and scraping to thank anyone that can help me solve this.

Thank you so much

Ginger

sonic mydvd plus program 264Mb'S
Probably not necessary, however you don't need to uninstall it, just disable it on startup.

synaptics pointing device driver
This will be the driver for your laptop's trackpad, you don't want to touch this.

muvee autoproducer 4.0
If you don't produce movies then I imagine you don't need this.

sonic assorted audio stuff
This could be your audio drivers (which allow the sound to come out of your speakers), or it could be some random programs. Need more information.

also, could someone please tell me how to make a program that starts up on opening my computer stop opening? Step by step please.
Easily - go to the Start menu (assuming you're using Windows).
If you're using XP, click on 'Run...', and type 'msconfig'.
If you're using Vista or 7, type 'msconfig' into the search bar and open the msconfig.exe

Now, go to the Startup tab and disable anything you don't want starting up when you start up the comp. If you need any help with this, take a screenshot and I can tell you what you can disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom