PLEASE HELP

nobodyimporant

Solid State Member
Hey I have an Alienware m18 laptop, and for some reason today 3 times, the screen has gone completely black, but the pc still runs, it's just the screen going black, i dont know why its doing this, i called alienware they couldn't give me any suggestions they want like 80 to 100 dollars to go in to the computer and run diagnostics, i dont have that kind of money on hand, what can i do why is it doing this any suggestions?

Did you change anything recently? Is your system still under warranty?

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 by chance? I know there's been reports of WIndows 10 & the current nVidia driers killing LCD displays in Alienware systems with certain GPU's - seems to be an issue with something corrupting the panels' EDID / firmware.

Hi A quick question! Are you running on the battery or are you running on the AC adapter??
Oops sorry carnage! We seem to reply at the same time a lot!!

Last edited:
i have my laptop plugged in, sometimes i run it on battery doesn't matter it still does it, it's been doing this all day to me, i still have windows 7 i won't update to windows 10, all my drivers are up to date, i'm thinking alienware is just a rip off and i should sue them and get my money back :mad:

I'd try the drivers first, then reseat the screen (take it out and plug it it back in) if its still failing then buy a replacement, will cost you around $150 prob but cheaper than paying $100 for a diagnostic then another $150 for the screen :cool:

When the screen blacks out, how are you turning it off or are you just leaving it running and the screen eventually comes back?

If the consensus is that it's the screen, you need to connect an external monitor to it to verify. If the screen blacks out but not the monitor, bing. If they both black out, it's something different such as drivers or software.

hey i cleaned it out and it isnt doing it anymore and plus i did a scan there was a trojan i got rid of it so eiher it was the trojan or overheating but it's not doing it anymore so issue resolved no problem the problem is resolved :) thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom