Plan to buy one, what do you think of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Resently I went to local Sam's and Costco, saw few laptops there (I plan to buy one).

What do you think about those.. how good are price vs how good they are.. etc
================
HP
18.4", 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB Memory, 640 GB Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW, Blu-Ray. Vista Home Premium 640bit
$1347
------------
17"
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400
4GB DDR2, 500GB 5400rpm
Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-R/RW/CDRW
nVidia 9600GT
$1199.99
===

Or do you think I could find something better online?
(I also plan to find laptop which have HDMI, I want to connect it to my TV, but I guess all laptops have this now)

Dood, that 17" one looks like a beast machine. 9600 GPU on a laptop is massive. HD is big, good CPU. BUY ONE FOR ME =0.

If it's a choice between those, grab the 17". Better battery life, less energy, cheaper. Looks like a solid machine...forgetting the fact that it's HP.

Lately I been looking at 16"-16.4" laptops too.

There are some made by HP and Sony.

16" laptops seem to have 16:9 aspect ration, just like my LCD TV... and since I am have plan to watch movies from my laptop on the TV.... maybe I should get 16".

What do you think guys (and girls)? Would it be good idea to get 16" or go with 17"?

I just worry if I will connect 17" laptop to my TV.. resolution will not look right.... that the picture on TV will not look like it should.

If the 16" is cheaper, go with it. It will save you a little battery life, but not enough to be noticeable, in my opinion.

Again. My acers solid, and comes in 16" with BD drive, 9600gt, 4gigs, vista 64. 320Gig hd.

I like it, and has a nice media panel.

acer-aspire-8930g-864g64bn-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom