Permanent damage after dropping phone on laptop

metalman

Beta member
Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right category.
Last night I was playing Apex Legends and wanted to take a photo of the screen with my phone, but I dropped it on the keyboard instead :/ The phone is a note 8 with Samsung protective case on it. The laptop is msi and honestly, I find the build quality of the laptop not so great for example the body seems to be not rigid and you can see it flex a little bit etc.
Anyway after I dropped the phone, the game froze. Ctrl alt del didnt work, even capslock and numlock lights didnt turn on/off. I got worried and turned the laptop off and turned it on again. Everything seems fine until now but why did it froze in the first place? If the ram or cpu or whatnot got dislodged, it wouldnt work properly afterwards too, right? I was holding my phone 3-4 cms over the keyboard at max (around 1 inch)
I am worried that I somehow damaged the internals, thanks for the answers and your time.
Dennis

Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right category.
Last night I was playing Apex Legends and wanted to take a photo of the screen with my phone, but I dropped it on the keyboard instead :/ The phone is a note 8 with Samsung protective case on it. The laptop is msi and honestly, I find the build quality of the laptop not so great for example the body seems to be not rigid and you can see it flex a little bit etc.
Anyway after I dropped the phone, the game froze. Ctrl alt del didnt work, even capslock and numlock lights didnt turn on/off. I got worried and turned the laptop off and turned it on again. Everything seems fine until now but why did it froze in the first place? If the ram or cpu or whatnot got dislodged, it wouldnt work properly afterwards too, right? I was holding my phone 3-4 cms over the keyboard at max (around 1 inch)
I am worried that I somehow damaged the internals, thanks for the answers and your time.
Dennis

Yo.

Is your drive ssd or hdd? If the latter , the knock could of caused the pause.

Also, slight mislodged RAM could still work off and on so maybe double check it, plus harddrive cables.
:cool:

Like rulezero said, if your system has an HDD and not an SSD the sudden vibration/shock could have caused it to lock up temporarily.

Hi, the laptop has a hdd. I hope the brief pause of the hdd was the problem, It makes sense. If the problem reoccurrs I will check the ram etc. Anyways thanks again for the answers, have a nice day :)

Back
Top Bottom