Pentium Dual Core T4200 vs.Core 2 T6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

d!qalam

Solid State Member
Hello!

I would like to ask you guys if there is a wide difference between Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 and Core 2 T6400 laptop processors.

My dad recently brought me a new Dell Studio 15 laptop as my high school grad gift. Its equipped with T4200, but as I read in Dell's website T6400 comes as an option. He selected T4200, and now before I set my hands on the new laptop I would like to find out if those processors make much difference in performance and power consumption.

Thanks!

There shouldn't be much of a difference between the two. The only advantage the t6400 has is more l2 cache but it's not enough of a increase to justify the increased cost In my opinion.

That's one thing I've noticed on their spec sheets. T4200 has 1MB L2 cache while T6400 has 2MB. I know that L2 cache do some good in performance, but how exactly does it work?

Cache is just a temporary space to store information after the information has been temporarily stored in the ram to alow the information to be accessed a lot quicker. Its amazing the difference it makes, but in this case i dont think such an increase matters.

There are plenty of other things limiting a laptops performance well before the l2 cache comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom