PC keeps restarting when connected to bootable USB

aimo3

In Runtime
Toshiba Satellite Pro C850-C002

I have a bootable USB flash drive on which I installed Clonezilla. I used it several times in creating and restoring images. The images are stored on a separate external USB hard drive which I usually connect later when clonezilla asks.

With this laptop I couldn't get it to boot from the flash driver to whatever USB port I connect it. The laptop keeps restarting forever. It show the Toshiba logo and restart over and over again. I cannot go to the BIOS (F2) or get the boot menu (F12) as long as the flash drive is connected. If I remove it and get the boot menu, and then connect it, it hangs and doesn't boot.

Can someone help?

I have a Sony flash drive that my pc just hates. The Sony drive works with other pc's and even in a car.
Try a different flash drive and see if that makes any difference

Wish I knew why some flash drives do not get along with some pc's at times....strange but there has to be a reason. I gave the Sony drive to a friend that he stores MP3's on it for his lincoln, works great for him in the car

Something happened today. I connected my little bootable USB to a USB3 port and it couldn't boot. Then I connected it to USB2 and it could. WTF!

Bumping this. I am actually having trouble with this too. I have a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 i7559. I cloned the 1TB SSHD to my 850 EVO 250GB M.2 successfully. I am trying to do the same thing with Clonezilla on a flash drive. It just wont boot up to it. When I select the USB to boot from, I am also suppose to select the file too. It just isnt working. If anyone can help us, this would be nice.

Bumping this. I am actually having trouble with this too. I have a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 i7559. I cloned the 1TB SSHD to my 850 EVO 250GB M.2 successfully. I am trying to do the same thing with Clonezilla on a flash drive. It just wont boot up to it. When I select the USB to boot from, I am also suppose to select the file too. It just isnt working. If anyone can help us, this would be nice.

How did you create the bootable flash drive? Did you use something like Rufus or UNetbootin?

Try a CD. I've had issues with getting CloneZilla and other Linux LiveCD's working from LiveUSB's at times.

Back
Top Bottom