Packard Bell Laptop Won't Charge (ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToonPatriot

Beta member
Hi all. Help please :(
my Packard Bell Easynote TJ71 is playing up.

It is not the charger as have used 2.
It will not charge unless i keep constant pressure on the jack inside the laptop and keep it at a certain angle. Even then sometimes it flickers to charging not charging charging not charging....... and then just won't charge then I have to find another angle to apply pressure to the jack. sometimes I can be lucky (such as now) where i have it jammed against the wall. Although it will stop charging son and am going to have to wiggle it and apply pressure back and forth till I find an angle which works...

Any ideas on how to fix will be appreciated :)

that is what my mate (fixes PCs) for a living said would probarbly be the problem.. Said he would do it for me but if he Breaks everything he won't pay for it. lol I wouldn't expect him to but think its just a disclaimer just in case. lol. He said it seems straight forward enough though.

What would be the chances of shorting the motherboard or anything happening which could mean a repair which could cost me £50 would now cost me a new laptop?

Thanks for replying by the way :)

It's really not a risky task. I replaced a PSU that was busted from a system. Completely lose. Just be sure to take the battery out and pulse the system. (press the power button a few times after removing battery)

haha yeah, was jus after he said if he breaks it he wont pay for it haha. altho i never would expect him to break it or pay for it if he did, sort have jus made me think that it is possible. lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom